The magazine is great and every issue is chock full of eye-candy. But before you plop down your hard earned money here are a few things you should know.
1) Price: It may seem like an expensive magazine at approximately $50 (depending on the exchange rate) for 4 children's issues, however there are a handful of reasons why it is worth it.
2) The $50 includes shipping.
3) The magazine is printed 4 times a year (spring, summer, fall, winter
4) Each full color magazine includes approximately 40 different patterns.
5) Patterns range in size from newborn to teen. So even if you have a range of children in your home you'll have something for everyone.
6) Patterns are fun, stylish, comfortable, and modern.
7) There is at least 1 color photograph of each item if not more)
8) Patterns range in difficulty from beginner to experienced sewer.
9) Instructions are clearly written and explained, they are not illustrated.
10) Patterns are printed on 4-6 large sheets which you will have to trace out.
11) Patterns do not include seam allowances - you will have to add those when you trace your patterns.
12) The subscription is a standing subscription, which means that if you do not cancel 6 weeks before your subscription expires, your subscription is automatically renewed. This does NOT mean that they automatically charge your credit card. What they do is send you a renewal notice and then you send them payment for your renewal.
In my opinion the magazine is worth every penny, if you use it. At first it may seem a little daunting to see so many patterns but once you get the hang of tracing out your patterns it really is easy. There is plenty in each magazine to last you until your next issue! many of the patterns are timeless, so years from now when your newborn is a "big kid" you will find that the patterns are still stylish.
The instructions are clearly explained and even a beginner can make many of the patterns. In fact I find their instructions short, simple and clear as opposed to most commercial patterns! Plus if you need help with anything, there is an established yahoo group with lots of helpful ladies!