- Shoot I forget the measurements LOL. I think it ended up being something like 22"x22" I know it was definitely less than 24"x24"
- Fabrics: Kona Charcoal (dark gray), all other fabrics from my scrap bin (Katie Jump-rope, Kaffe Fasset, Meadowsweet, Amy Butler, Patty Young to name a few)
- Backing: vintage sheet
- Pattern: modified from Lily's Quilt Along
- Free motion quilted by me on my Kenmore (made by Janome) using the Hooked on Feathers method. I love that there is no back tracking using this method!
- Thread: Essential Cotton in Charcoal ($2.49/spool) Slightly heavier weight (50/3)
- Needle: Schmetz 90/14 Quilting needle. I had previously used this thread with a lot of thread breakage, but switching to the 90/14 seems to have done the trick this time around. ( I LOVE their Essential PRO, it's a thinner poly thread)
Over all I loved it and wanted to keep it so very much :)
Oh and I received my lovely DQS 10 from my swap partner. This was my very first over seas partner and it was kind of fun to receive a package from the UK. My quilt was made by the talented Ethne of Flaming Stitches. I love the oriental feel of this bird quilt!